Ab Separation Rehab
Learn the tools to Rebuild Your Core Strength & Treat Diastasis Recti
Specializing in the Tupler Technique® - the only research based exercise program that is proven in treating and reducing a diastasis.
Ab Separation Rehab ® *located in Orinda, CA:
providing services to Lamorinda, Walnut Creek, Berkeley and Northern CA, able to travel to Southern CA
Contact Information: 415-850-4065, firstname.lastname@example.org
Diastasis Recti is a Separation of the Rectus Abdominus or Outermost Abdominal Muscles. It is caused by force or pressure on the connective tissue that joins the rectus abdominus muscles.
Cheryl specializes in working with Females and Males of any age who have a weak or dysfunctional core, and/or diastasis recti or have undergone surgery to repair a diastasis due to:
- past, previous, or current pregnancy
- excess weight around the abdomen
- performing exercises and simple activities of daily living incorrectly
Rebuilding and strengthening your core and/or closing a Diastasis is possible. In the vast majority of cases, surgery should not be required.
You will learn how to use the Transverse Abdominus (your inner abdominal muscles or "core") properly during every day life and exercise. You will also learn how to live core strong by practicing proper posture and alignment. We will address how to perform activities of daily living correctly and if you have diastasis, heal the connective tissue that joins the outermost abdominal muscles known as the rectus abdominus. Healing the connective tissue is all about putting it in a better (or narrow) position to heal, bringing blood flow to the area, protecting the area and eliminating intra abdominal force and pressure on it when doing any type of activity.
Using the Tupler Technique® as a foundation for treatment, Cheryl will teach you the skills to become core strong for the rest of your life. Cheryl offers services in the San Francisco East Bay and occasionally travels to Newport Beach to train clients.
Are you a Male or Female and have a Belly that will not disappear...
- Regardless of the amount and type of cardio or exercise classes you do?
- No matter how long you hold your plank?
- Regardless of the amount of crunches you attempt?
- No matter how many "core exercises" you have tried?
Do you suffer from:
- Occasional leakage of urine when you cough, sneeze or exercise? (this can also help: http://www.gyneflex.com/)
- Poor posture due to a weak center or core?
- An "Outie" belly button that used to be an "Innie"?
- Gained a significant amount of weight around your stomach?
- Been pregnant at any point in your life?
- Been mistaken as still pregnant?
- Been pregnant more than once and with each pregnancy your belly gets bigger and bigger?
- Decided to undergo or considered abdominal surgery? (we can help you prepare)
- Undergone abdominal surgery? (we can help you recover so you maintain the integrity of the surgery and stitching)
Picture of Diastasis Recti prior to using the Tupler Technique®
Picture of a closed Rectus Abdominus after using the Tupler Technique®
What is an Ab Separation?
If you answer YES to any questions below, you may suffer from a weak or dysfunctional core and/or diastasis recti:
How Ab Separation Rehab can help?
Cheryl Williams Bjornson,
Corrective Exercise Specialist, Personal Trainer & Official Provider of
the Tupler Technique®
The outermost abdominal muscles are the support system for your back and organs. When the muscle separates, the connective tissue stretches sideways, which weakens the support for your back and organs because they are now supported by the connective tissue and not your muscles.
How do I check for a Diastasis?
Please click here to learn how to check your own belly for Diastasis Recti
How do I buy the Tupler Splint and other products?
Click here to Order Products. Or click on the Store button at the top of any page on this website. Items usually ship within 24 hours and will arrive within 1-3 days depending on your location. Both black and nude splint are $50 plus tax.